Cannabis Business Times has put together a list of states that have a chance of getting their hands on weed within the next coming 14 months.
Here’s a breakdown:
- House Bill 150 is approved by Health and Human Development Committee
- House floor vote delayed over social equity portion of bill
- A substitute of the bill is planned to be introduced in early January
- Initiatives for legal cannabis have been filed for the 2022 election.
- They already have a free-market medical marijuana license system. Will be interesting to see that translated to adult-use.
- Already have an initiative voter approved, until the Supreme Court overturned the decision
- A deal for a medical cannabis draft bill was reached last month
- Final bill is finished and awaiting announcement from Governor Tate Reeves
- Expected to be on the ballot next November
- Cannabis advocates were able to get an initiative that would regulate marijuana like alcohol certified
- Legislation now needs 130,000 signatures before it can be presented to legislature
- Signature gathering is happening for legislation
- House bill 2050 has been introduced that would legalize marijuana for adults
- There are also GOP backed bills in the State Senate, but with less emphasis on social equity
- A legalization bill has been passed by the Senate
- The passing of this bill is possible in a special session this fall
- 250,000 signatures must be gathered for an initiative by July 7, 2022 in order to get it on the ballot in November of next year
- Nebraskans for Medical Marijuana is actively pursuing this goal
Read the entire article here.