10 Students at a Southern California Middle School have been treated for a possible cannabis overdose. According to reports from local officials, the students were found to be drowsy with glazed faces. The students were transported to local hospitals and tested for possible fentanyl contamination. None of the children were laced with the harmful drug and most of them were out of the hospital by the next day.
The students, between the ages of 12 and 15 years old were found to have ingested very strong cannabis edibles which put them in their dazed state. School officials were quite worried that something worse than cannabis was ingested. Although Narcan was not used on the students, the adults in the school had it prepared due to the possibility of a fentanyl overdose.
In a statement from the district representative, they stated, “We take the health and safety of our students very seriously…Every effort is made to ensure our students learn in a safe environment. Los Angeles Unified maintains an ongoing partnership with local health agencies, community partners and medical experts to provide training to school staff and education for our school communities.”
“Our students are always encouraged to speak with our school staff if they are feeling unwell or need assistance. We also encourage everyone to follow the district’s message: if you see something, say something.”
Each of the students were out of the hospital within a few days with no adverse health conditions.
Read the whole article here.